Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I wana run away

There are millions of people in the world, 
yet I feel like I'm alone
And even though I try to do it right,
everyone seems to see me wrong.
 
So I rush out in rage,
though what I say is never heard.
Coz I've learned to turn my heart,
& swallow all these hateful words.

But I'm getting tired now
& I can only take so much
Coz with everything that happens
my soul is slowly being touched

I make others laugh 
just to escape all my pain
But every time I'm down 
no one's there to do the same

So I sit back and relax, 
while I nurse all my wounds
As I lay terribly depressed 
in a dark cramped-up room

Somehow this little balled up aggression
Is slowly changing into an even bigger depression
Something I can't take and can't shake

I've now acquired too many emotions to ever explain
It feels like there's demons as well as angels 
are fighting for control of my pain

For some strange reason 
my heart is being pulled in opposite directions
One has the side of good 
and the other knows no affection

And I can't explain the way I feel, 
I just know I feel this way
From the second that I wake, 
till the time I end my day

Although I enjoy life 
and try my best to learn it's lessons
I just wish someone could teach me 
to escape this Great Depression.

No comments: